- Data sources provide dynamic information about entities that are not managed by the current Terraform and configuration.
- Variables provide static information.
- Referencing a resource defined in a data source won’t create the resource itself, and your plan will fail if you reference nonexistent data or infrastructure.
- Data sources allow data to be fetched or computed for use elsewhere in Terraform configuration.
- External data sources must return information in JSON format.
This may include:
- Configuration data from Consul
- Information about the state of manually-configured infrastructure components
- Another Terraform configuration
- Defined outside of Terraform
- Defined by another separate Terraform configuration.
Latest posts by Rajesh Kumar (see all)
- 7 Most Common Mistakes in Python Programming: Student Cheat Sheet - July 14, 2020
- Understanding Kubernetes’s Taints and Tolerations in easy way - July 5, 2020
- Understanding Node Selector and Node Affinity in Kubernetes - July 5, 2020
Total Page Visits: 89 - Today Page Visits: 1