What Docker Client command can be used to convert a Dockerfile into an Image?
- docker createimage
- docker buildimage
- docker build (Ans)
- docker create
Which of the following statements accurately describe a Docker volume?
- Persisted even after a container is deleted
- All of these (Ans)
- Can be shared and reused among containers
- Special type of directory in a container
- Are not affected by updates to images
Which option can we pass to the Docker daemon to make it assign the Docker bridge a specific IP range?
- –bip (Ans)
Which Dockerfile Instruction is the preferred instruction for setting the main process to run inside a container?
- ENTRYPOINT (Ans)
Which command shows us detailed container info including the containers PID within the Docker Hosts process tree?
- docker config
- docker detail
- docker inspect (Ans)
- docker pid
When using the ENTRYPOINT Instruction in a Dockerfile, how are CMD Instructions treated?
- CMD Instructions are treated as arguments to the ENTRYPOINT Instruction (Ans)
- CMD Instructions override ENTRYPOINT Instructions
- ENTRYPOINT Instructions are ignored
- CMD Instructions are ignored
Which Dockerfile Instruction do we use to install packages to our new Image?
- RUN (Ans)
- apt-get install
What is the name of the primary virtual Ethernet NIC inside of each Docker container?
- eth0 (Ans)
Which Docker command lets us attach to a running container?
- docker ssh
- docker login
- docker telnet
- docker attach (Ans)
Which of the following docker run commands will start a Container based on an Ubuntu 14.04 Base Image?
- docker run Ubuntu:14.04 ….
- docker run ubuntu -v 14.04 …..
- docker run ubuntu:14.04 …. (Ans)
- docker run ubuntu –version=14.04 ….
Which of the following commands will install the Docker engine on an Ubuntu server?
- cf install docker.io
- rkt install docker
- yum install docker
- apt-get install docker.io (Ans)
Virtual Machines are a form of what type of virtualization?
- Hypervisor (Ans)
How do recipient containers learn about the networking config of source containers they are linked to?
- By querying the Docker daemon
- Via a sub-space secure channel to the source container
- Environment variables + entries in the /etc/hosts file (Ans)
- The /link file in the root filesystem of the container
Which of the following commands will show version information for the various installed Docker components?
- docker version (Ans)
- apt-get update
- docker detail
- rkt version
Which Docker command builds a new image from a Dockerfile in the current directory?
- docker build
- docker build-image .
- docker image .
- docker build . (Ans)
What does pressing Control+P+Q inside of a container do?
- Issues a print-screen of the current contents of the terminal window
- Detaches the Docker Hosts terminal from the container (Ans)
- Kills the container
- Generates a stack trace of the container
Which Docker command shows running Docker Containers?
- docker ps (Ans)
- docker list containers
- docker show containers
- rkt ps
Which of the following is a major advantage of Containers over Virtual Machines?
- Containers are more lightweight than Virtual Machines. (Ans)
- Containers are encrypted by default.
- A single Container can host more apps than a Virtual Machine.
- Containers are cross-platform.
Which of the following is an advantage of Linking Containers when compared to exposing ports?
- Linking containers is more efficient on memory.
- Linking containers allow more active network connections.
- Linking containers allows for faster container startup times.
- Linking containers is considered more secure. (Ans)
What is the correct syntax to mount the /project/data directory from the Docker host into a directory called /data in a container?
- docker run -v /data:/project/data
- docker run -volumes-from /project/data:/data
- docker run -v /project/data:/data (Ans)
- docker run -volumes-from /data:/project/data