Which of the following will display the specific command that created each layer in an image?
- docker search imagename
- docker images -t imagename
- docker history imagename (Ans)
- docker build -th imagename
You would prepare an image called hello-world for uploading to a local Docker Registry using which of the following commands?
- docker tag hello-world localhost/hello-world:latest
- docker -tag 127.0.0.1/hello-world:latest
- docker -t hello-world localhost:5000/hello-world:latest
- docker tag hello-world localhost:5000/hello-world:latest (Ans)
Where are the image files stored on a Linux machine running a package-based Docker Registry?
- /var/lib/docker/docker-registry/docker/registry/v2/repositories (Ans)
Which of these commands will return a list of images currently stored in a Docker Registry?
- curl 192.168.1.17:5000/v2/_data
- curl 192.168.1.17:5000/v2/_catalog (Ans)
- docker images
- docker registry ls
To add encryption using a self-signed certificate to your Docker Registry infrastructure, to which directory must the certificate be copied (assuming your domain is domain.com)?
- /etc/docker/certs.d/domain.com:5000/ (Ans)
How do you temporarily enable Docker Content Trust on your local machine to take advantage of digitally signed images?
- export $DOCKER_CONTENT_TRUST=0
- export DOCKER_CONTENT_TRUST=1 (Ans)
- echo $DOCKER_CONTENT_TRUST=1
- echo DOCKER_CONTENT_TRUST=1 >> /etc/profile
Which of the following will upload a new stack to your Docker Cloud account?
- docker-cloud stack create -f dockerfile
- docker-cloud stack create docker-cloud.yml
- docker stack create -f docker-cloud.yml
- docker-cloud stack create -f docker-cloud.yml (Ans)
Docker Engine is:
- An online Docker image repository
- An online Docker administration interface
- The locally installed runtime through which you administrate Docker containers (Ans)
- A local Docker image repository
Docker Trusted Registry is:
- An open source tool for securing the infrastructure on which Docker Engine runs
- An open source tool for coordinating Docker container clusters
- A web-based, commercial, hosted image management tool (Ans)
- A local, commercial image management tool
A Docker container will run faster when its image is properly optimized. Which of the following will have the greatest positive impact on speed?
- Build the image using as few layers as possible. (Ans)
- Always base your images on the latest operating system version available.
- Build the image using a Dockerfile rather than from a running container.
- Always be consistent in the software package versions you choose for your image layers
Which of the following commands will successfully build an image with the name “myimage”?
- docker build -t myimage . (Ans)
- docker build –tag-image myimage
- docker build -t myimage
- docker build -n myimage .
What is accomplished by running the following command?
docker run -p 5000:5000 registry:latest
- Only if the Docker Registry image has already been pulled will it be run, exposing port 5000.
- The Docker Registry image will (if necessary) be pulled and then run, exposing port 5000. (Ans)
- Docker Engine will run a “hot update” on the live Registry image.
- The Docker Registry image will be pulled from Docker Hub using port 5000.
Which of these is the correct command to display a list images currently stored in a Docker Registry using a self-signed certificate?
- curl -i https://192.168.1.16:5000/v2/_data
- curl -i https://192.168.1.16:5000/v2/_catalog
- curl –insecure http://192.168.1.16:5000/v2/_catalog
- curl –insecure https://192.168.1.16:5000/v2/_catalog (Ans)