Where does the file system come from for a container?
- From a remote network share hosted through Hyper-V
- From the machine the container is started on
- From the image used to create the container (Ans)
- From another special container called a parent container
What image type is blessed by both Docker and the people behind the software it contains?
- Official (Ans)
- Automated Build
How can you get files out of a container onto the host? Assume a process in a container is writing files, like ffmpeg saving the contents of a converted video. Where do you write this data?
- Write files to the default host file system mounts at C:\host or /mnt/host on Linux
- Write files to a volume mounted from the host (Ans)
- Write files to network shares
- Write files to the container file system, all writes are automatically copied to the host file system in the same folder
How can you see the output of a process running in a detached container?
- docker run -it
- docker logs (Ans)
- docker ls
- docker exec -it
- docker output
Why do containers exist?
- To make it easier to use virtual machines
- A replacement for monolithic operating systems
- A replacement for virtual machines
- To make it easier to use software (Ans)
Which of the following allows you to add files from the host to a running container?
- docker cp (Ans)
- docker share
- docker commit
- docker volumes
- docker add
Which of the following is a good analogy for creating a container?
- Running software
- Installing software (Ans)
- Extracting a zip file
- Downloading software
What is a repository on Docker Hub?
- A single image
- A collection of images (Ans)
- An image ta
- A user account
On a computer, with either Linux or Windows installed, there’s a program that runs in a privileged mode that abstracts hardware and provides services to other processes. What is this program?
- User space
- Kernel space
- Kernel (Ans)
What does docker-compose help us avoid? Excessive calls to __?
- docker pull
- docker stop
- docker build
- docker rm
- docker run (Ans)
How can I run another process inside a running container?
- docker start
- docker ps
- docker exec (Ans)
- docker run
What does an image contain?
- The user space files (Ans)
- The operating system
- Only an application’s files
- Both the user and kernel space files
- The kernel space files
On Windows 10 which container types can you run?
- Hyper-V Containers (Ans)
- Both Hyper-V and Windows Server Containers
- Windows 10 Containers
- Windows Server Containers
What is a dangling image?
- An intermediate part of the chain of image layers
- An image that’s not associated with a volume
- An image that’s not associated with a tag (Ans)
- An image that’s not associated with a running container
In the past, to launch an installed application, we would run an executable file. How does Docker run software?
- Install a container
- Runs an executable (Ans)
- Pull a container
- Create a container
How can processes in different containers talk to each other when using docker-compose?
- Pass IP addresses in configuration files
- Embedded DNS for Service Discovery (Ans)
- Linking containers
- Pass IP addresses in environment variables
What’s a good analogy for
- It’s similar to installing software
- Allows you to run additional processes in a container (Ans)
- Allows you to run additional processes outside a container
- Allows you to run additional processes in new containers
To get Ctrl+C to work to kill a container, what should you pass when running the container?
- -it (Ans)
Say you have the following output from docker ps:
57cf9c689955 docs/docker.github.io “/bin/sh -c ‘jekyll s” About an hour ago Exited (137) About an hour ago grave_tesla
Which of the following does not work as a container identifier (CID) when running a command like the following?
- gra (Ans)
What’s the primary purpose of docker-compose?
- Pull and push images
- Build containers
- Build containers, volumes, and networks (Ans)
- Build images
- Cleanup containers.