1. Create a new SRCSAFE.INI file and place it in the desired location.
2. If you want include the default SRCSAFE.INI in the unique copy, add the following line:
#INCLUDE <SS path>\SRCSAFE.INI
3. Create the following environment variable:
SET SSDIR=<path to VSS directory>
(such as SET SSDIR = \\MyServer\MyVSSdir)
While it is possible to do this with Visual SourceSafe 5.0, in is not necessary. Simply open the database using file->open.
CV - www.RajeshKumar.xyz
Total, Over 15 years of extensive experience working with more than 8 software MNCs for software development/maintenance and production environments involved in continuous improvement and automating entire life cycle using latest devops tools and techniques from design and architecture, through implementation, deployment, and successful operations. Also, helping more than 70 software organizations globally, providing coaching, mentoring and consulting in devops, CICD, cloud, containers and operations.
I help software organization to improve a quality of the software, reducing the software development/operational cost and immediate feedback/monitoring. Have in-depth working experience in following domains with real project implementation.
- Test Driven DevOps Approach
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Inspection
- Technical Debt Reduction
- Containerization/Micro Services Using Kubernetes & Docker
- Cloud Migration using AWS
- Production Monitoring & Postmortem