Before starting the migration:
- upgrade both the source and target websites to the latest available versions of the component
- backup the source and target websites
Migrate core functions with JUpgrade or SP Upgrade or similar so that user ids are preserved.
Export the 24 x Joomla 1.5 Kunena databases with “Quick” and “SQL” options (Note: you can multiple select tables and export them as one file):
If necessary, amend table prefixes by searching and replacing all of the old prefixes e.g. jos_ to j25_ inside the file(s).
Delete the 22 x Joomla 2.5 Kunena databases.
Import the Joomla 1.5 Kunena databases into Joomla 2.5.
Copy across files in /media/kunena/attachments/
In Category Manager, reapply the permissions as these don’t seem to be copied across.
Latest posts by Mantosh Singh (see all)
- Top 56 Linkedin Groups/Forums for DevOps Professionals - March 26, 2020
- Top 52 Facebook Groups/Community for DevOps practitioners - March 25, 2020
- DevOps Training Online – Class Recordings – January 2020 - February 1, 2020