By default, what happens to a Docker Container when the process it is running exits?
- The Container exits. (Ans)
- The Container reboots and restarts the process.
- The Container performs a crash dump.
- The Container continues running in detached mode with a Bash prompt available.
Which of the following commands will install the Docker engine on a CentOS server?
- yum install docker.io
- apt-get install docker.io
- yum install docker (Ans)
- apt-get install docker
In a default installation, how does the Docker daemon natively access features like kernel namespaces and cgroups?
- via capabilities
- via devicemapper
- via LXC
- via libcontainer (Ans)
How are comments added to a Dockerfile?
- Any line starting with a # (Ans)
- Any text following a #
- Any text following //
- Any line starting with //
Which Dockerfile Instruction must be the first Instruction in a Dockerfile?
- A comment
- FROM (Ans)
Which transient image layer exists below the rootfs while a container starts?
- The datalink layer
- Layer 1
- Block aggregation layer
- Bootfs (Ans)
Which Dockerfile instruction defines the base image to build from?
- FROM (Ans)
At the time of recording the course, what is the default storage driver used by CentOS for Docker containers?
- devicemapper (Ans)
Which of the following is the correct way to name a Dockerfile?
- Dockerfile (Ans)
Which of the following is true about RUN Instructions in a Dockerfile?
- All RUN lines are compiled down to a single RUN Instruction
- Each Dockerfile can only contain one
- Each new RUN line creates a new image layer (Ans)
- RUN Instructions only work with containers that have elevated privileges
From a Docker Host, which command can we use to stop a container?
- docker stp
- docker halt
- docker stop (Ans)
Which of the following is another term to describe container virtualization?
- Storage virtualization
- Hypervisor virtualization
- OS level virtualization (Ans)
- Software Defined Data Center
What is a dangling volume?
- A volume created without a name
- A volume that’s not associated with a container (Ans)
- A volume that’s removed from a running container
- The default volume for the container file system that’s unpacked from the image
What image type is blessed by both Docker and the people behind the software it contains?
- Official (Ans)
- Automated Build
What does docker history do?
- Shows commands that we ran inside a given container
- Shows image history (Ans)
- Shows container history
- Shows a diff of changes in the container layer
Why does Docker for Windows need Hyper-V?
- To run windows containers inside a Windows Server VM and linux containers inside a linux VM
- To run windows containers inside a Windows Server VM
- To run linux containers inside a linux VM
- To run linux containers inside a linux VM and Hyper-V windows containers (Ans)
In the past we had to install software before we could run it. What is the equivalent step with Docker to be able to run software?
- Run a container
- Installs a container
- Create a container (Ans)
- Pulls a container
What docker command executes software?
When executing the command “docker pull microsoft/aspnet:4.6.2” what does “microsoft/aspnet:4.6.2” refer to?
- Image (Ans)
When using docker-compose, by default, what network are linux containers connected to?
- user defined network (Ans)
- Example of S3 Bucket Policy to allow from IP address and Domain name - August 28, 2020
- kubernetes ingress complete reference - August 7, 2020
- Kubernetes POD observability and Deep Dive - August 7, 2020