The easiest way to get a plugin for Jenkins is ______________ .
- from inside Jenkins itself (Ans)
- by building it from source
- creating a plugin request call
- downloading an installer package
Which of the following is REQUIRED for using Jenkins?
- Java in your Path
- .NET framework
- Web server
- Java 1.5 or higher (Ans)
A workspace is ______________ .
- the central configuration area for Jenkins
- the directory Jenkins checks source code out to (Ans)
- the only part of Jenkins that lives in the cloud
- the directory that Jenkins caches files at
One of the primary problems that continuous integration addresses is ______________ .
- language choice
- group think
- isolated development (Ans)
- formatting code
Parallelization in Jenkins can best be achieved by ______________ .
- setting parallel to true in the Jenkins config
- breaking up your build into multiple jobs (Ans)
- writing multi-threaded job scripts
- using multiple jenkins master servers
Jenkins can be started from the command line by using what command?
- jar jenkins.war
- java -run jenkins.war
- java -jar jenkins.war (Ans)
- run jenkins.war
When implementing unit testing in Jenkins it is important to never ______________ .
- run the tests in parallel to anything else
- leave tests broken (Ans)
- write small tests
- report the test results
Jenkins is really a tool that can be used to ______________ most aspects of continuous integration?
- reverse engineer
- automate (Ans)
Security can be set at an individual job level in Jenkins.
- true (Ans)
A good first step for moving a build over to Jenkins is to ________________ .
- conver everything to Java
- disable unit tests
- diagram the manual process (Ans)
- get a full build in a failed state
An important step in making sure that the build process is taken seriously is to ______________ .
- have management introduce the new build process
- never leave the build in a broken state (Ans)
- send out a report on each build
- set off the smoke alarm every time the build breaks
Jenkins used to be called ______________ .
- hudson (Ans)
The Join trigger plugin ______________ .
- makes 2 jobs run at the same time
- makes a single job split into many jobs
- makes sure multiple jobs are complete before downstream jobs can run (Ans)
- makes jenkins show a different icon
What should the http port be set to in order to disable regular http in favor of https?
- -1 (Ans)
What technology allows for connecting a slave node directly from in the browser?
- .NET remoting
- JNLP (Ans)
One of the major conflicts that led to a split of the early Jenkins project was _______________.
- whether or not it should only work with Java applications
- how much to charge for it
- what language to write it in
- whether or not to keep the project on Java.net (Ans)
Jenkins is primarily written in ______________.
- java1 (Ans)