What Python function is used to open files?
- open() (Ans)
What does the pass keyword do?
- Passes control to another function
- Continues to the next iteration of a loop
- it is a no-op (Ans)
- Raises an exception
What are with-blocks used for?
- Writing to files
- Defining functions
- Resource management (Ans)
- Looping over sequences
Which one of the following is true?
- If present, the module docstring must begin on the first non-empty line in the module
- The first statement in the module must be an import statement
- If present, the shebang comment must be the first non-empty line in the module (Ans)
What does the in operator do for lists?
- Inserts an element in to the list
- Runs a function for each element in the list
- Duplicates the list
- Checks for membership of a value (Ans)
What is the standard package that provides support for building and installing additional modules into a Python installation?
- distutils (Ans)
Where must keyword arguments come when calling a function?
- Before positional arguments
- After the closing parenthesis
- They can appear anywhere
- After positional arguments (Ans)
Python source files can contain multiple classes.
- True (Ans)
The control flow construct for nested conditionals uses which form:
- elif: (Ans)
- else if:
What does a comprehension’s filtering predicate do?
- Prevents certain values from going into the collection (Ans)
- Modifies the values going into the collection
- Allows sets to contain duplicates
- Determines the actual type of collection constructed
Can classes have docstrings?
- Yes (Ans)
Why is the first command line argument in sys.argv
- Because Python lists use one-based indexing
- Because the program filename is in sys.argv  (Ans)
- Because the program module name is in sys.argv
What does the LEGB acronym stand for?
- Local, Enclosing, Global, Built-in (Ans)
- Lookup, Enable, Gateway, Backup
- Link, Extension, Generic, Binary
- Local, Embedded, Global, Built-in
The REPL always displays the value of the entered expression.
- False (Ans)
How do you define a test function on a TestCase?
- Manually add it to the test_functions list
- Start the function name with test_ (Ans)
- Add the word test-function to the function’s docstring
- End the function name with _test
How do you replace an element in a list?
- the square-bracket operator (Ans)
- the cons() method
- the replace() method
- you can’t because lists are immutable
What does the global keyword do?
- Declares a function as global
- Defines a global variable
- Allows assignment to globals in a function (Ans)
- Exports functions from a namespace
Copying a list does a deep copy of the list’s.
- False (Ans)
How is iteration termination signalled in Python?
- With a special end token
- By raising an IndexError exception
- By raising the StopIteration exception (Ans)
- By calling a user-provided callback function
Why should you follow existing patterns when choosing exception types?
- To improve program performance
- To simplify integration of your code (Ans)
- To avoids SyntaxErrors
- To avoid documenting your APIs
When is top level module code executed?
- Only the first time a module is imported (Ans)
- Every time the module is imported
What is the Python 3.3 tool for creating virtual environments?
- pyvenv (Ans)
Which pdb function will stop program execution?
- pdb.set_trace() (Ans)
- Packer Tutorials: Amazon Secrets Manager Data Source – amazon-secretsmanager - May 25, 2023
- Packer Tutorials: Amazon Data Sources – amazon-parameterstore - May 25, 2023
- What is DevSecTestOps? - May 25, 2023