When checking out code from SVN you usually want to check out from __ not from the root of the repository.
- trunk (Ans)
A source control system that requires users to checkout a file in a way that no one else can edit that file is _________.
- locking (Ans)
A source control system that allows different users to edit the same file, but requires conflicts between their changes to be resolved on a central server is _________.
- merging (Ans)
Which of these is NOT in the set of default root folders in a SVN repository?
- lines (Ans)
In SVN, the switch command does what?
- switches the view of the files you are looking at
- switches the user logged in
- switches your working copy to a different branch (Ans)
- switches modifications that you have stashed
The svn:ignore property is set on ___________.
- the folder or file you want to ignore (Ans)
- a repository itself
- the parent of the folder or file you want to ignore
- the root directory of the project
The revert command will ____________.
- restore a file or folder to the current latest version in SVN
- do nothing, but prevent changes from being committed
- restore a file or folder to what the original checked out version was (Ans)
- restore a file to a specific point in time that must be specified when the command is used
When a conflict has been fixed in SVN, you should mark it as _____________.
- resolved (Ans)
There is only one packaged version of SVN server
- False (Ans)
Every commit to SVN can have an optional ___________ .
- status flag
- commit message (Ans)
Before using a repository in SVN you must first create a least one ___________ .
- user (Ans)
SVN requires users to check a local copy of the repository also known as ____________.
- a replication
- a working copy (Ans)
- a hub
- a local repo
When creating a new file in SVN that file must be ___________ in order to be committed.
- added (Ans)
- non empty
Add and delete operations in SVN ___________ .
- are the same thing
- should be done using an SVN command, not just in the file system
- should only be done in the file system (Ans)
- should do not really exist, svn just mimics what it sees happen in the file system
The rename command in SVN actually does ___________ .
- a rename
- a delete and an add (Ans)
- just an add
- a copy and delete
Which of the following is NOT a good reason for creating a branch?
- to label a specific section of the source (Ans)
- to create a new version of the software
- to allow a feature to be worked in independently
- to create a separate code line corresponding with a software release
SVN is currently maintained by what open source foundation?
- Apache (Ans)