1) Is HAProxy a load balancer? HAProxy (High Availability Proxy) is open source proxy and load balancing server software. It provides high availability at the network (TCP) and application (HTTP/S)…Read more »
1) Is TeamCity a CI or CD? TeamCity is a general-purpose CI/CD solution that allows the most flexibility for all sorts of workflows and development practices. The Projects Overview lets…Read more »
1) What is Nginx? Nginx is a type of an open source web server which is especially used for reverse proxy, load balancer, mail proxy and for the HTTP cache….Read more »
Software CM is a discipline for controlling the evolution of software systems. Classic discussions about CM are given in texts such as  and . A standard definition taken from…Read more »
Some of the perforce commands which is not commonly used but useful. p4 annotate – Print file lines along with their revisions. e.g p4 annotate file.c How to ignore files/folder…Read more »
Original link: http://www.cmcrossroads.com/cm-articles/275-articles/14286-selecting-the-right-software-version-control-product Selecting the Right Software Version Control Product Written by Mike Feighner For many years, I worked loyally for the same company where my expertise was restricted to…Read more »
Software development has traditionally suffered from producing end products with a definite lack of inherent quality. The symptoms of this quality lack are listed here:
- Software development projects are often delivered late and over budget.
- Often the delivered product does not meet customer requirements and is never used.
- Software products simply do not work right.
As we look into the symptoms of our software development malaise, five principal issues related to software development arise.
Lack of Visibility
Software is conceptual in nature. Unlike a bridge, a building, or another physical structure, it is not easy to look at software and assess how close it is to completion. Without strong project management, “software is 90% complete 90% of the time.” Through the adoption of SCM policy and the definition of the configuration management model of the software under development, all CIs, components, and subcomponents are immediately visible for versions, releases, and product families.
Read more »