Technical SEO refers to improving the technical aspects of a website to increase the ranking of its pages on a website. Creating a website is the basis of technical optimization for search engines to crawl and easy to understand. Technical SEO is part of on-page SEO, which focuses on improving the elements on your website to achieve higher rankings. This is in contrast to off-page SEO, which is about generating exposure for a website through other channels.
Why Is Technical SEO Important?
Its should to have your side content is unique and and optimize with keywords based on your business.
But if your technical SEO is messed up?
Then you are not going to increase your website rank. At the most basic level, Google and other search engines need to be able to find, crawl, render, and index pages on your website.
How Can You Improve Your Technical SEO?
Like I said, “technical SEO” is not just crawling and indexing.
To improve the technical optimization of your site, you need to keep in mind:
- XML sitemaps
- Structured data
- Canonical tags
- URL structure
- Site architecture
- Thin content
- Duplicate content
Technical SEO Best Practices
Now that it is clear what technical SEO is, let us see what are the best practices to follow. You can use the list below to conduct your technical SEO audit.
- Specify a Preferred Domain
- Optimize Your URL Structure
- Navigation and Site Structure
- Optimize Robots.txt
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- XML Sitemap Optimization
- Breadcrumb Menus
- Mobile Friendliness
- Website Speed
- Implement Structured Data Markup
- Canonical URLs
- Optimize 404 Page
- Pagination and Multilingual Websites
- SSL and HTTPS
- Register your site with webmaster tools
- How to measure the ROI of Social media? - October 17, 2020
- What is Social media Analytics? Top 10 Social media Analytics tools. - October 16, 2020
- What is Web Analytics Tools? - October 15, 2020