DevOps is a culture in IT industries that needs time, and many organizations have and want to incorporate this approach to improve their businesses. Azure is considered one of the leading cloud service providers and supports a powerful set of DevOps services. This article will help you to know the implementation of DevOps using Azure.
Here, We would be discussing following points:
- What is Azure?
- Important of Azure?
- What is DevOps?
- Why go for Azure DevOps?
- Advantages of Azure DevOps?
- Components of Azure DevOps?
Let us get started then,
What is Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft that is one of the leading cloud service providers, and day-by-day many organizations are opting for Azure to get the best technologies for efficient computations. Its use will help you to build, deploy, and manage applications through your globally owned network of data centers.
Importance of Azure?
In this time, Azure is one of the fastest-growing and demanding cloud computing platforms after Amazon Web Services. It offers various features, which makes it important these days. Given below are some reasons why Azure DevOps is important:-
- You can be built Security and privacy into the Azure platform.
- This is one of the most widely used Cloud Computing platforms apart from AWS.
- Azure provides solutions for all industries and it has a lot of services that serve a wide variety of necessities.
- Apart from these things, the other important factor is, Microsoft betting big on Azure as it sees it as a driver of its revenues.
- Azure is the only consistent hybrid cloud, has more regions than any cloud provider and it supports open source technologies, so you can use the tools and technologies you prefer.
Now Let us continue with this Azure DevOps blog to understand what is Devops?
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a software development strategy that has taken the center stage these days which focuses on faster and frequent software releases. It is the process of integrating the Developer and Operation teams in order to improve collaborations and productivity. It is a set of practices designed to overcome the gap between development, QA, and Operations by effective communication and collaboration, incorporating continuous integration process with automated deployment.
Difference between Agile and DevOps:-
DevOps is the process of incorporating the culture and also a set of practices to achieve faster delivery, agility, improve security, quicker automation, and serve better. And Agile Methodology involves a continuous iteration of development and testing in the SDLC process.
Agile deals with a process like Scrum methodology and Sprints. DevOps is a technical practice to achieve an end to end solution.
Agile is SDLC (software development life cycle) methodology that concerns with the development and release of software, whereas DevOps is more concerned with its safe & secure deployment.
Why go for Azure DevOps?
We all know that Azure is one of the best leading cloud service providers and is definitely the need of the hour. After Azure has ensured that DevOps is implemented in the best possible way:
Catalyze cloud development:-
Now you don’t have to worry too much about building a pipeline and you can easily focus on software development. Whether it is about dealing with pipelines, building new ones, or managing existing ones, Azure provides end-to-end solutions for the same and thus speeds up the process of software development.
Better Reliability and Continuous Integration:-
Now you should not have to worry too much about security and infrastructure management. And you can focus more on developing innovative solutions. With Azure and CI / CD it supports, you can use the infrastructure and use it as code that claims tools like Azure Resource Manager or Terraforms – helps you provide duplication Which also meets compliance standards.
Freedom Of Customization:-
You have the freedom to use the tool of your choice with Azure providing the ultimate solution for your software development as Azure is easily included with most of the tools on the market, thus making customization and experimentation easier.
These are the some Advantages of Azure DevOps:-
- Plan & Track Your Work
- Azure Cloud-hosted Services
- Suitable Access to New Features
- Integrated Collaboration Services
- Reliability, Flexibility and Dashboard Control
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Deployment)
- Support for Manual and Exploratory Testing
These are the Components of Azure DevOps:-
Azure Boards – A work tracking system with Kanban boards, dashboards, and reporting
Azure Pipelines – A CI/CD, testing, and deployment system that can connect to any Git repository
Azure Repos – A cloud-hosted private Git repository service
Azure Test Plans – A solution for tests and capturing data about defects
Azure Artifacts – A hosting facility for Maven, npm, and NuGet packages
If you do have any queries, you can put those in the comment section below and we would revert at the earliest.
- How can we use Ansible and where? - July 17, 2021
- Top 21 Local Search Engine and Local Business Listing websites in 2021-22 - July 12, 2021
- What is the future of Microsoft Azure? Is Microsoft Azure certification worth it 2021? - August 25, 2020