Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is an implementation of Microsoft’s event-driven programming language Visual Basic 6, which was declared legacy in 2008, and is an associated integrated development environment (IDE). Although pre-.NET Visual Basic is no longer supported or updated by Microsoft, the VBA programming language was upgraded with the introduction of Visual Basic for Applications 7 in Microsoft Office applications in 2010.
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion
- Multi-view and Multi-Language support
- User-defined Syntax highlighting and folding
- Entirely customizable GUI
- This free code editor provides macro recording and playback
2. Visual Studio Code
Platform: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Easy working with Git and other SCM (Software Configuration management) providers
- Code refactoring & debugging
- This code editor for Mac is easily extensible and customizable
NetBeans is an open-source code editor tool to be developed with Java, PHP, C++ and other programming languages. With this editor, code analyzer & converters. It is one of the best code editors for Windows that allows you to upgrade your applications to use the new Java 8 language constructs.
Platforms: Mac Windows Linux
- Easy & Efficient Project Management
- This free text editor offers fast & Smart Code Editing
- Rapid User Interface Development
- Helps you to write bug-free code
jEdit is a very popular text editor designed for programmers. JEdit’s strengths are its simplicity, power and extensive support of Unicode, text encoding sniffer, customizable syntax colors, fully customizable key bindings, object embedding (images, Quicktime movies and files) and much more. It is particularly appealing to those working with Java and XML due to a powerful search engine for regular expressions, syntax highlighting, and auto-indentation.
- Built-in macro language & extensible plugin architecture
- This coding software for PC allows copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards
- You can download plugins with the help of the plugin manager.
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions.
- Allows auto indent, and syntax highlighting over 200 languages
Platform: Mac, Windows & Linux
Emacs is one of the oldest and most universal text editors available for Linux and UNIX-based systems. It’s been around for a long time (more than twenty years for GNU Emacs) and is known for its powerful and rich editing features. Emacs is more than simply a text editor; It can be adapted and extended with various “modes”, enabling it to be used like an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for programming languages such as Java, C or Python.
Platform: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Complete built-in documentation
- Full Unicode support for many human scripts
- This lightweight code editor is highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code.
- A packaging system for installing and downloading extensions
- Checklist of Disaster Recovery Plan in Kubernetes (EKS) for GitLab - February 24, 2023
- Kubernetes: Pull an Image from a Private Registry using Yaml and Helm File - February 24, 2023
- Jenkins Pipeline code for Sending an email on Build Failure - February 24, 2023