What is Hashicorp Consul?
HashiCorp introduced Consul in April 2014.
HashiCorp Consul is an open-source tool that solves complexities by offering service discovery, health checks, load balancing, a service graph, mutual TLS identity enforcement, and a configuration key-value store. These features make Consul an perfect control plane for a service mesh.
In simple, Consul is a service networking solution to automate network configurations, discover services, and allow secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime.
What is the use of Hashicorp Consul?
Consul uses service identities and traditional networking practices to help organizations securely connect applications running in any environment.
The core use cases for Consul are typically service registry and health monitoring, networking, and middleware automation, as well as zero trust networking and service mesh capabilities.
Compare Hashicorp Consul Certification Vs istio Certification
- To allow the full functionality of Istio, multiple services should be deployed. Consul is a single binary offering both server and client capabilities, and comprises all functionality for service catalog, configuration, TLS certificates, authorization, and more.
- Istio offers 7 layer features for path-based routing, traffic shaping, load balancing, and telemetry. The same way Consul also provides 7 layer features for path-based routing, traffic shifting, load balancing, and telemetry.
- Istio flows requests to a central Mixer service and must push updates out via Pilot. This surprisingly decreases the scalability of Istio, whereas Consul is able to efficiently distribute updates and perform all work on the edge.
- For the data plane an Envoy sidecar is deployed in Istio. Whereas, Like Istio, consul uses the Envoy proxy and the sidecar pattern.
- Consul was build in July, 2018 by HashiCorp, and Istio was introduced in 2017.
- Istio offers fine-grained control of traffic behaviour, offering rich routing rules, retries, failovers, and fault injection. Consul Connect provides secure service-to-service communication with automatic TLS encryption and identity-based authorization.
List of Hashicorp Consul Certification
- Consul Associate certificaiton
Hashicorp Consul Certification Cost
- $70.50 USD
Best salary for Hashicorp Consul Certified Professional
- $107K to $135K
Best Hashicorp Consul Certification Tutorials
Best Hashicorp Consul Certification Video Tutorials
Best Hashicorp Consul certification exercise dumps
Best Hashicorp Consul certification Ebooks
- Artifactory Tutorials: Setup Docker repository and push/pull images? - November 16, 2023
- Launch Your DevOps Career with Azure! 🚀 - November 16, 2023
- Azure ARM Tutorials: Azure Resource Manager User Guide - November 16, 2023