Which of the following flags tells the Swarm Manager process that it will be part of a highly available multi-manager configuration?
- –replication (Ans)
Which three scheduling strategies does Swarm currently support?
- Random, fastest response, spread
- Random, round-robin, binpack
- Random, spread, binpack (Ans)
- Random, spread, stack
What are the two major services required for a Swarm cluster to operate correctly?
- Directory service and Swarm manager
- Discovery service and Swarm manager (Ans)
- Discovery service and Directory service
- Docker Hub and Discovery service
What is the recommended way for clients to communicate with Swarm nodes in the Docker Swarm cluster?
- Directly to the engine daemon on each node
- Via the Swarm manager (Ans)
- Via Docker Hub
- Via Docker Trusted Registry
Why does the binpack scheduling strategy choose the smallest node in the cluster when choosing new nodes to schedule containers on?
- Larger nodes take longer to query
- To keep operational costs as low as possible
- To save larger nodes for larger containers (Ans)
You have a node in your Swarm cluster that does not have any running containers but is being overlooked when new containers are scheduled against the cluster.
Which of the following could be a reason for this?
- The node has too many images in its local store.
- The node has a lot of containers in the stopped state. (Ans)
- The node has a lot of containers in the destroyed state.
- The node has rebooted within the last two hours.
Who is the founder and current CTO of Docker Inc.?
- Ben Golub
- Linux Torvalds
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Solomon Hykes (Ans)
Which open source license is the Docker project licensed?
- Apache License 2.0 (Ans)
- GPL v3.0
Which of the following describes the relationship between repositories and registries?
- Repositories contain one or more registries.
- Registries contain one or more repositories. (Ans)
- Repositories are always public, while registries are always private.
- Registries are always public, while repositories are always private.
Which of the following is driving stateful workloads towards becoming first-class citizens on the Docker ecosystem?
- Docker Content Trust
- Data volumes
- The pluggable storage backend (Ans)
- The key/value store used in multi-host networking
Which of the following problems did hypervisor virtualization solve for businesses and IT?
- Data Center security
- Operating System management overhead
- Wasted physical server resources (Ans)
- Re-writing of legacy monolithic apps
If you were using container orchestration tools from Docker Inc., which tool would manage your cluster of Docker hosts?
- Docker Machine
- Docker Swarm (Ans)
- Docker Compose
- Docker Clustering
Which of the following advantages do containers have over virtual machines?
- They are more fault-tolerant.
- They are more efficient with system resources. (Ans)
- They are more mature.
- They are more secure.
Which of the following does the author believe will best help you prepare to thrive in a container world?
- Partnerships with strategic vendors
- A Windows only infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience (Ans)
- Good change-management processes
Which of the following is a popular place to get developers started with containers in your infrastructure?
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions
- Your production estate
- Deploying infrastructure services such as DNS and Active Directory
- New software defined networking solutions (Ans)
Which of the following best describes the Commercially Supported Docker Engine (CS Engine)?
- Released every ~6 months, supported by Docker Inc., and based on the same codebase as the stable release of the Docker Engine (Ans)
- Released every ~6 months containing proprietary code contributed by 3rd parties such as IBM, Microsoft, and Red Hat
- Released every ~6 months, hosted and managed by Docker Inc. on the dotCloud cloud platform
- Released by 3rd parties such as IBM and Red Hat but based on the stable release of the Docker Engine
Which of the following container registries will be used in a default installation of Docker?
- Docker Hub (Ans)
- Quay Enterprise
- Docker Trusted Registry
Where can the Docker project and its source code be found?
- It is proprietary code owned and kept in-house at Docker Inc.
- GitHub (Ans)
Which of the following best describes a stateless app or workload?
- One that stores changed data
- One that does not care which public cloud platform it runs on
- One that does not store any changed data (Ans)
- One that can run in any state or territory without legal issues
Which of the following is described in the course as being a pro and a con of the hypervisor virtualization model?
- Being able to move existing apps directly into virtual machines (Ans)
- The need to change existing apps before they can run inside of virtual machines
- Virtual machines can run on existing x86 and x64 hardware
- Hypervisors contain a lot of code, making them feature rich but vulnerable to more attacks
Which of the following does container orchestration help with?
- Interal cross charging
- Scaling (Ans)
- Unit testing
- Data volume management
- 7 Reasons Why Collecting Product Feedback Is Super Important - November 23, 2021
- Popular Software Engineering Courses and Certifications github - November 18, 2021
- Useful AWS Tools and Websites - November 17, 2021