Step 1 : Create a Blank repository on Github without Readme.md
Step 2 : Moving all code and content from bitbucket
- Check out the existing repository from Bitbucket:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:Cotocuschandan/testrepo.git
2. Now adding new GitHub Repository as upstream remote of the repository which is clone from bitbucket.
$ cd testrepo $ git remote add upstream email@example.com:devops-school-com/ds-test.git
3. push all branches and tags to GitHub Repository using below commands
$ git push upstream master $ git push --tags upstream
Step 3 : Add URL of New Github Repository as redirect URL
$ git remote set-url origin firstname.lastname@example.org:devops-school-com/ds-test.git
Step 4: At last Clone all branches and tags to GitHub Repository
$ git push --mirror
Thanks for reading above article. if you have any issue regarding above commands then please ask in the comment box. i will give you brief explanations on it.
- How to move repository from Bitbucket to GitHubwith all branches and commits? - February 20, 2021
- What is JSON? Why we use JSON over XML? - February 3, 2021
- How to downgrade php from 8.0.0 to 7.1.32 in xampp 8.0.0? - December 10, 2020