A sitemap is one type of file where you can list the web pages of your site to inform Google and other search engines about the organization /Set-up of your site content. Search engine web crawlers like Google-bot read this file to more prudentially crawl your site.
Difference between XML sitemap and HTML sitemap
The XML sitemap is the search engine friendly, where HTML sitemap is User-friendly.
XML Sitemap displays content and organization of content of a website in search engines, while HTML Sitemaps will reflect the method that a visitor works through a site that gives them a great extension on any site.
Benefits of having a proper Sitemap for your website:
1. Helps Google find your content
2. Having your site changes crawled quickly
3. Better crawling and indexing of your website
4. Get better reporting on your website
- What is the future of Microsoft Azure? Is Microsoft Azure certification worth it? - August 25, 2020
- Top 5 Digital Transformation Trends for 2020-21? - June 20, 2020
- What Is the Difference between AWS vs Azure? - June 9, 2020