Instagram is one of the most popular social media channels of all time, and its dynamics keep changing, making it necessary to keep up. Instagram has taken the world by storm with over one billion active users per month. With the popularity of the channel, demand for influential marketing has increased two-fold.
What is an Instagram Marketing Strategy?
Instagram marketing strategy is a set defined by goals, actions, and businesses that uses Instagram as a channel to achieve their marketing as well as business goals. Instagram marketing strategy is a part of social media marketing and it is linked to its goals and processes.
Extensive outreach through social media platforms has changed the dynamics of social media marketing for businesses. More than 25 million businesses already have a profile on Instagram and it is used as a channel to promote their brand, products, or services, and also for employee engagement.
The competition on this platform is extensive and marketers are trying to beat their rivals by creating content that is more creative, authentic, and relatable.
Top 10 Instagram Marketing Strategy Tips in 2020:
- Optimize Your Instagram Bio: Instagram Bio is a small area on your page under your username used to share information about your brand, as well as the content you intend to share. This field typically includes your brand, product or service description, a profile description, and contact information. Instagram also allows you to share a URL of your website or portfolio in your bio.
- Switch to a business profile ASAP: Before you start thinking about your Instagram marketing plan, make sure your Instagram Business account. A business profile allows you to create Instagram ads without the need to use Facebook’s advertising tool and published it.
- Partner with influencers for a wider reach: If you want to reach potential customers on Instagram, the fastest way to do this is through influencers, who have already built a large audience. You can try and find a few influencers that have an audience that is relevant to your product or service. If they see in their feed from the influential people they follow. They trust them.
- Incorporate Relevant Hashtags: The hashtag game on Instagram is very strong. The Instagram hashtag allows content search on its ‘Discover’ tab based on search queries. Users can follow these hashtags just like Instagram profiles, and content published using these hashtags will appear in followers’ feeds. The Instagram algorithm uses hashtags to help users make content suggestions or find interest-based profiles.
- Create sponsored ads: Instagram ads have become common on the platform. The best thing? You can control exactly how much you want to spend on them by setting an advertising budget. You can show only one sponsored ad or multiple advertisements with the carousel feature. This gives the brand the ability to target its audience in a whole new way. The first sponsored post can only see your updates and photos of users who follow your account.
- Use Instagram Stories: If you want to generate leads, Instagram stories are here to help. Instagram stories are different from the regular Instagram posts because they are in a “slide show” format. They are only live for 24 hours, but stories can be saved in any of your devices and can be used again later.
- Collect user-submitted photos: Is this any way to create great content for your Instagram page without will not be good if they work hard? Through user-submitted photos. You already have a busy audience. Whether it is hundreds of people or thousands, you can leverage your audience to generate useful content for you. And your followers will probably also enjoy the user-generated content than you to enjoy because it is authentic and unpredictable.
- Post at the right times: If all they see is your brand on their news feed, they are probably going to unfollow you as fast as possible. But if you want to post on a consistent basis so you can stay in their news feed regularly. One of the best ways to do this is to post only during peak days and hours when your followers are online. The worst days to post on Instagram are Wednesdays and Sundays, while Monday and Thursday are the best days to post and the best time of day to post is between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM, as well as 2:00 PM.
- Respond to DMs and Comments: The key to creating an interactive community is to create engagement within it and make sure you communicate with your followers. Direct Message (DMs) is the best way to stay in touch with your prospects and users. Make sure your DMs are on and you receive notifications from all users. Reply to all messages as they are possible leads.
- Make sure you track the right metrics: You cannot improve your Instagram performance and optimize it until you know how well your page and posts are performing or not. When you have measurable results, you will know exactly what works and what doesn’t.
If you’ve got a smaller following, your engagement rate should be higher.
A tool like Sprout Social will measure just how many clicks your link is getting in comparison to impressions and engagements.