In this tutorial im going to share Top 5 code editor for Ruby Programming language. It’s very helpfull for programmers.
Top 5 Code editor for Ruby Programming Language
- Sublime Text
- Visual Studio Code
What is Vim?
Vim is a free and open-source, screen-based code editor for Unix. It is a better clone of Bill Joy’s vi. Vim’s creator, Bram Moolenaar, got Vim from a port of the Stevie manager for Amiga and delivered a rendition to people in general in 1991. Vim is often called a “programmer’s editor,” and so useful for programming that many consider it an entire IDE .
Feature of Vim
- Its memory footprint is very low
- It is command centric. You can perform complex text related task with few commands
- It is highly configurable and uses simple text file to store its configuration
- There are many plug-in available for Vim. Its functionality can be extended in great manner using these plug-in
- It supports multiple windows. Using this feature screen can be split into multiple windows
- Same as multiple windows, it also supports multiple buffers
- It supports multiple tabs which allows to work on multiple files
- It supports recording features which allows to record and play Vim commands in repeated manner
2. Sublime Text
Sublime Text editor is a sophisticated text editor which is widely used among developers. It includes wide features such as Syntax Highlight, Auto Indentation, File Type Recognition, Sidebar, Macros, Plug-in and Packages that make it easy for working with code base. sublime text is a text editor with advanced feature used by many developer for writing code cause it has beautiful plugins,intelligent IDE.
- Auto-Completion in Sublime Text.
- Quickly Insert Text & Code with Sublime Text Snippets.
- Jump the Cursor to Where You Want To Go.
- Select Multiple Lines, Words, & Columns.
Features of Atom
- Customizable color schemes to make code more readable
- A wide selection of third-party plugins to catch coding errors
- Keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflows
- Automatic code indentation
- Highlighting language-specific syntax
- The ability to view your project’s file and folder structure in a tree view
4. Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is one of the most popular code editor made by Microsoft. Visual Studio code has lots of extra features as like debugging, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion snippets and etc. VS Code supports a wide array of programming languages from Java, C++, and Python to CSS, Go, and Dockerfile. Moreover, formatting and much more. VS Code allows you to add on and even creating new extensions including code linters, debuggers, and cloud and web development support.
Features of Geany
- Syntax highlighting.
- Code folding.
- Autocompletion of symbols/words.
- Construct completion/snippets.
- Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags.
- Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal, and others.
- Symbol lists.
In this video you can see lots of Code Editor
- How to configure Elastic filebeat 8.3 with Elasticseach? - August 11, 2022
- How to Configure IP Network with ‘nmtui’ Tool - August 11, 2022
- Istio Tutorials: How to install & configure istio?￼ - August 11, 2022