Jetty is a 100% pure Java-based HTTP server and servlet container (application server). Jetty is a free and open source project under the Apache 2.0 License. Jetty is used by several other popular projects including the Geronimo application server and by the Google Web Toolkit plug-in for Eclipse.
Jetty deployment focuses on creating a simple, efficient, embeddable and pluggable web server. Jetty’s small size makes it suitable for providing web services in an embedded Java application.
In January 2009, Webtide announced that Jetty would be moving to Eclipse Foundation. The Jetty project has been created, and the initial Jetty 7 code (with a refactored org.eclipse.jetty package) was checked into Jetty Subversion at Eclipse.
The Java support in Google App Engine is built on Jetty.
Jetty provides an HTTP server, HTTP client, and javax.servlet container. These components are open source and available for commercial use and distribution.
Jetty is used in a wide variety of projects and products. Jetty can be embedded in devices, tools, frameworks, application servers, and clusters. See the Jetty Powered page for more uses of Jetty.
The core Jetty project is hosted by the Eclipse Foundation. The codehaus provides Jetty accessories , integrations, and extensions, as well as hosting older versions of Jetty. See the About page for information about the project structure.
- Full-featured and standards-based
- Open source and commercially usable
- Flexible and extensible
- Small footprint
- Enterprise scalable
- Dual licensed under Apache and Eclipse
- Large clusters, such as the Yahoo Hadoop Cluster
- Cloud computing, such as the Google AppEngine
- SaaS, such as Yahoo! Zimbra
- Application Servers, such as Apache Geronimo
- Frameworks, such as GWT
- Tools, such as the Eclipse IDE
- Devices, such as phones
- Top 5 Easy to USE and Best International Money Transfer Platform Online - July 25, 2020
- How is the DevOps Market and DevOps Future in Coming Years? - July 21, 2020
- Azure DevOps Simplified & Components Summary - July 17, 2020