Automatic bidding is a temporary solution that provides mixed results. If you are running a small account with only a few campaigns, go for it. But, in the long run, manual bidding is the best long-term solution for most trading accounts.
So let us Know about, What is Manual Bidding?
Manual bidding is when an advertiser manages their keyword bids on the Google Ads platform, making decisions and taking action on their PPC account without any AI assistance or smart solutions.
Manual bidding is best if:
- You have a limited budget.
- You have a small amount of consumer data.
- You want more control over your campaigns and ads, and to have the ability to make quick changes.
- You have a lot of time for campaign monitoring.
There are three benefits of Manual Bidding:
- You can bid at the keyword level, using your discretion to get aggressive to win bids on the specific terms and phrases you want.
- Manual bidding will take effect immediately.
- Imagine that when you notice a sudden drop in performance you’re running an account with manual bidding. You have to run a quick auction report and believe that increased some new competitors the cost-per-click (CPC) rate. In response, you place your bid on the lowest performers, effectively limiting the loss of your budget.
What is Automated Bidding?
Automated bidding is also known as smart bidding, which is an AI-led keyword bidding strategy that uses algorithms to optimize bids according to your PPC campaign goals.
Automated bidding is best if:
- You have large PPC accounts.
- You have a lot of historical data.
- You want to reduce the time you spend on campaign monitoring.
- You have specific goals.
- You lack the expertise for manual bidding.
There are three benefits for Automated Bidding:
- By using automation, you can free up time and resources to focus on other important tasks like growth strategy.
- Advanced machine learning algorithms help you to make accurate predictions about your campaigns, which lays a solid foundation for making smart decisions.
- Automatic bidding identifiable characteristics about online users – take advantage of the signals – which might benefit your account.
If you have more money, but less time, then automatic bidding can be a good option for Google’s AI to charge your account.