What is Python
Python is a programming language that is commonly used to create websites and applications, automate operations, and perform data analysis. Python is a general-purpose programming language, which means it can be used to develop a wide range of applications and isn’t tailored to any particular problem.
Python is a dynamically semantic, interpreted, object-oriented high-level programming language.
Its high-level built-in data structures, together with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it ideal for Rapid Application Development and as a scripting or glue language for connecting existing components.
Python’s concise, easy-to-learn syntax promotes readability, which lowers software maintenance costs. Modules and packages are supported, allowing for program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and its substantial standard library are free to download and distribute in source or binary form for all major platforms.
Top 26 Free and Popular tools written in Python
- Pandas – Used to data analysis
- SciPy – Algorithms to use with numpy
- HDF5 – Used to store and manipulate data
- Jupyter – Research collaboration tool.
- HDFS – C/C++ wrapper for Hadoop
- SWLAIchemy – Python SQL toolkit
- pyMYSQL – MySQL connector
- Theano – Deep learning with neural networks
- Lasagne – Build an train neural networks in theano
- Seaborn – Dtaa visualization tool
- Airflow – Data engineering tool
- Elasticsearch – Data search engine
- PyBrain – Algorithms for ML
- NumPy – Multidimensional arrays
- Matplotlib – Data visualization tool
- Pytables – Used for managing HDFS datasets
- IPython – Powerful shell
- Pymongo – MongoDB driver
- Redis – Redis’ access libraries
- Scikit-learn – Used for machine learning algorithms
- Keras – High-level neural network API
- Bokeh – Data visualization tool
- Dask – Data engineering tool
- Luigi – Data engineering tool
- SymPy – Symbolic math
- Pattern – Neural language processing