Kuberentes is an open source tool for container orchestration which helps in the management of applications built out of multiple, largely self-contained runtimes called containers. It allows you to deploy and manage multi-container applications at scale.
Containerization is currently trending in the industry, and its adoption is on the rise and Kuberenetes makes containerized applications very easier to manage at scale. That’s why, it has become an integral part of the container revolution and DevOps culture.
Kubernetes was first developed by Google and contributed to Open Source in 2014, and is now maintained by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).
The popularity and adoption of Kubernetes in the DevOps culture is one of the biggest reason to go for the certifications in Kubernetes as a career perspective.
Kubernetes was first developed by Google and contributed to Open Source in 2014, and is now maintained by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) which is itself under the umbrella of the Linux Foundation.
As CNCF is the governing authority for Kubernetes they are offering four certifications which are as follows:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA):- This is one of the popular certification of Kubernetes which is designed to ensure that certified professional possess the required skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the all the Administrators level tasks on Kubernetes. The CKA certification allows candidate to quickly establish their credibility and value in the job market, and also allowing organizations to quickly hire high-quality teams to support their growth and achieve their end goals.
2. Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD):- The certification is designed to ensure that certified professional possess the required skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the responsibilities of Kubernetes application developers. A Certified Kubernetes Application Developer can define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor, and troubleshoot scalable applications and tools in Kubernetes.
3. Software conformance (Certified Kubernetes):- Various cloud computing service providers and enterprise have Certified Kubernetes offerings. Any organization who offes Kubernetes-based software services, they needs to get the Software Conformance (Certified Kubernetes) certification.
4. Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP):- This certification is meant to benefit enterprises for getting the necessary support for rolling out new applications efficiently and quickly. Any organization that offers professional services for supporting Kubernetes deployments must go for the KCSP program.
There are several benefits of having Kubernetes certification
Recognition:- Certification in Kubernetes makes your resume looks good and stand out from the competition and gives you an expert recognition. Your certification will be an eye catcher and your CV will be an instant hit with potential employers.
Pay hike:- Having Kubernetes Certifications like CKA and CKAD gives you strong potential for a high remuneration. Going through tests and clearing the exams isn’t a simple task, so organizations looking for Kubernetes engineers are happy to pay more because the certifications shows that you truly understand the platform and have enough knowledge to work on it easily.
Personal growth:- Passing Kubernetes certification exams is a rewarding opportunity for personal growth. You have to work hard and prepare to qualify the exam. The certification preparation journey takes your free time and fun and when you get the certification it gives a sense of satisfaction on a personal level which ultimately boost your confidence and makes you a better professional.
Diversify and expand your knowledge:- 12-factor app principles implemented on a wider variety of SaaS applications and Kubernetes architecture is also developed on the 12-factor app principles. So, becoming a Kubernetes certified professional gives you a foundation and considerable fluency in the 12-factor app principles.
More opportunities:- Certification in Kubernetes help you to go for the following career opportunities, or you may switch your career to one of these roles: DevOps Engineer , Cloud Engineer, Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer and Software Escalation Engineer.
- Top 10 best Git hosting solutions and services in 2021 - September 1, 2021
- Complete guide of OpenShift certification courses, tutorials & training - August 30, 2021
- Top 10 Scripting Languages in DevOps – 2021 - August 25, 2021