Kubernetes at Public Cloud
- Google Container Engine – Google Kubernetes Engine is a powerful cluster manager and orchestration system for running your Docker containers.
- ECS – Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) is a highly scalable, fast, container management service that makes it easy to run, stop, and manage Docker containers on a cluster.
- EKS – Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) makes it easy to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications using Kubernetes on AWS.
Kubernetes cli tools
- kubectl – Main CLI tool for running commands and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- JSONPath – Syntax guide for using JSONPath expressions with kubectl.
- kubeadm – CLI tool to easily provision a secure Kubernetes cluster.
- kubefed – CLI tool to help you administrate your federated clusters.
- Minikube – This is the simplest way to get a Kubernetes cluster on your Mac or Windows machine.
- Kops – kops helps you create, destroy, upgrade and maintain production-grade, highly available, Kubernetes clusters from the command line. AWS (Amazon Web Services) is currently officially supported, with GCE in beta support , and VMware vSphere in alpha, and other platforms planned.
kubernetes config reference
- kubelet – The primary node agent that runs on each node. The kubelet takes a set of PodSpecs and ensures that the described containers are running and healthy.
- Container runtime – Container runtime is Docker engine which resides in each node
- kube-proxy – Can do simple TCP/UDP stream forwarding or round-robin TCP/UDP forwarding across a set of back-ends.
Cluster control plane (AKA master)
- kube-apiserver – REST API that validates and configures data for API objects such as pods, services, replication controllers.
- Cluster state store – All persistent cluster state is stored in an instance of etcd. This provides a way to store configuration data reliably.
- kube-controller-manager – Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes.
- kube-scheduler – Scheduler that manages availability, performance, and capacity.
- Federation – A single Kubernetes cluster may span multiple availability zones.
- federation-apiserver – API server for federated clusters.
- federation-controller-manager – Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes federation
Kubernetes Add ons
- Ingress controller
- Heapster (resource monitoring)
- Dashboard (GUI)
Latest posts by Rajesh Kumar (see all)
- Git Errors and Solutions Database - February 15, 2020
- Git Command Tutorials Guide with Example - February 15, 2020
- Top 33 Free Jenkins Plugins and their Tutorials with step by step guide. - February 14, 2020
Total Page Visits: 164 - Today Page Visits: 10