What is Ant-Contrib Tasks?
The Ant-Contrib project provides a collection of tasks and types that extend Ant to work as a scripting language as well as a build tool.
Many developers want more from Ant than the ability to define dependencies. Ant-Contrib adds extra functionality to let Ant act more like a programming lanuage. Most tasks require Ant 1.5 or higher to work properly.
“Ant-Contrib Tasks” is an “independent third party” library of useful additional procedural and utility ApacheAnt Tasks.
First you must install Apache Ant itself, most of the Ant-Contrib tasks require Ant 1.5 or higher to work properly. You can download Ant from Apache.
Download Link: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36177
“Ant-Contrib Tasks” is also TWO independent ant task libraries:
- “cpptasks for Apache Ant” – “The cc task can compile various source languages and produce executables, shared libraries (aka DLL’s) and static libraries. Compiler adaptors are currently available for C/C++, FORTRAN, MIDL and Windows Resource compilers.”
- Project home page: http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/cpptasks/index.html
- ‘Ant-Contrib Other Tasks’
- Documentation of ant tasks: http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html
- Download: Must fetch from Subversion and build yourself. See instructions at: https://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=36177
See the cc tasks for installation instructions for cpptasks. To install ant-contrib:
- Copy ant-contrib-0.3.jar to the lib directory of your Ant installation. If you want to use one of the tasks in your own project, add the lines
2. <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"/>
to your build file.
- Keep ant-contrib-0.3.jar in a separate location. You now have to tell Ant explicitly where to find it (say in /usr/share/java/lib):
4. <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
6. <pathelement location="/usr/share/java/lib/ant-contrib-0.3.jar"/>
Manual and weblinks: