Section 9. Resources
- Visit the Apache Ant home page. It’s a great source of information, and it includes downloads, the Ant manual, and links to other resources.
- Find out more about Ant’s IDE and editor integration.
- Learn more about Eclipse, a universal tool platform.
- The developerWorks Open source projects zone has a wealth of Eclipse-based content.
- If you’re new to XML, visit the developerWorks XML zone.
- Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows.
- CVS is the open standard for version control.
- Learn more about WebSphere Studio Application Developer, which is based on the Eclipse platform.
- Find out more about WebSphere Application Server’s support for Ant tasks.
- Explore the power of the JAR file format in “ JAR files revealed ” ( developerWorks, October 2003).
- developerWorks features a number of articles on Ant:
- Ant also supports the open source Jikes compiler and the GNU Compiler for Java (GCJ).
- Find hundreds of articles about every aspect of Java programming in the developerWorks Java technology zone.
- Also see the Java technology zone tutorials page for a complete listing of free Java-related tutorials from developerWorks.
About the author
Matt Chapman is an advisory software engineer in the IBM Java Technology Centre in Hursley, U.K. He has spent the last seven years working with Java technology, including Java virtual machine implementations for a variety of platforms, the user interface toolkits Swing and AWT, and, more recently, tooling for the Eclipse platform. Matt has a degree in computer science and is also a Sun-certified Java programmer. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.