A site reliability engineer (SRE) creates a bridge between development and IT operations by taking on the tasks typically done by operations Team. And such tasks are given to these types…Read more »
1) If you were asked to review a colleague’s code that they had written, what key things would you look for? For this question, your interviewer will obviously be looking…Read more »
1) What is Traefik software? Traefik (pronounced traffic) is a modern HTTP reverse proxy and load balancer that makes deploying microservices easy. Traefik integrates with your existing infrastructure components (Docker,…Read more »
History & Origin of Zabbix Zabbix was created by Alexei Vladyshev and is currently actively developed and supported by Zabbix SIA. Zabbix is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution….Read more »
1) What is DevOps? DevOps is Development and Operation’s Collaboration, it’s a Union of 3Ps – Process, People and Product (working Product) that enable continuous integration and continuous delivery of…Read more »
What is New Relic? New Relic is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for monitoring performance and availability. It sets and evaluates application performance across the environment using…Read more »
1) What can be monitored using Zabbix? Zabbix provides monitoring metrics, such as network utilization, CPU load and disk space consumption. The software monitors operations on Linux, Hewlett Packard Unix…Read more »
There are some basic principles and best practices for building successful monitoring and alerting systems. What is Monitoring?Collecting, processing, aggregating, and displaying real-time quantitative data about a system, such as…Read more »
Top 10 Container Monitoring Solutions/Tools in 2018 Native Docker cAdvisor Scout Pingdom Datadog Sysdig Prometheus Heapster / Grafana ELK stack Sensu Reference https://rancher.com/comparing-10-container-monitoring-solutions-rancher/ Docker Tutorials Fundamental To Advanced-2021 Crash Course:-…Read more »
Introduction As a network grows, finding and ensuring the Best IT Infrastructure Monitoring Tools and Software for your Business is critical in today’s complex and ever-growing eco-system of technology. In…Read more »
Introduction Logs are an important aspect of any production system regardless of the fact that they are not easy to deal with. In modern digital environments, logs are present everywhere….Read more »
ScriptRock’s GuardRail As DevOps gets more agile, infrastructure needs unit tests too. Enterprise startup ScriptRock offers cloud-hosted testing configuration tools to get you started.Read more »
iostat reports CPU, disk I/O, and NFS statistics. mpstat reports processors statictics. vmstat reports virtual memory statistics. vxstat – This Utility can be used as well. iostat reports CPU, disk…Read more »
Software development has traditionally suffered from producing end products with a definite lack of inherent quality. The symptoms of this quality lack are listed here:
- Software development projects are often delivered late and over budget.
- Often the delivered product does not meet customer requirements and is never used.
- Software products simply do not work right.
As we look into the symptoms of our software development malaise, five principal issues related to software development arise.
Lack of Visibility
Software is conceptual in nature. Unlike a bridge, a building, or another physical structure, it is not easy to look at software and assess how close it is to completion. Without strong project management, “software is 90% complete 90% of the time.” Through the adoption of SCM policy and the definition of the configuration management model of the software under development, all CIs, components, and subcomponents are immediately visible for versions, releases, and product families.
Read more »