To configure the SL1 system to monitor Dynatrace resources using the DynatracePowerPack, you must first
generate a Dynatrace API token.
To do so:
- Log in to your Dynatrace portal. On the left menu, click Settings > Integration > Dynatrace API. The
Dynatrace API page appears.
- Click the [Generate Token] button.
- In the blank box that appears, type a token name, and then activate (at a minimum) the “Access problem and
- Click [Generate] to generate the API token.
- The newly generated API token appears in your list of API tokens. Ensure that the Disable/enable switch is
- Optionally, if you want to verify the token, you can use an API tool like Postman or cURL to send a
GET request for your Dynatrace environment, and then attach the token to the Api-Token realm for the
Authorization HTTP header. For example:
curl –request GET \
Latest posts by Rajesh Kumar (see all)
- Artifactory Tutorials: Setup Docker repository and push/pull images? - November 16, 2023
- Launch Your DevOps Career with Azure! 🚀 - November 16, 2023
- Azure ARM Tutorials: Azure Resource Manager User Guide - November 16, 2023