msiexpert created the topic: Registering DLLs and MergeMod in batch mode
I moved to Windows 7 from WinXP and try to build my product on the new platform.
I have several DLLs, which are auto-registered during setup, using ‘Extract registration info from native library’ option with Synchronization at Buildtime.
When I run Advanced installer in normal mode, it build the package without errors, but DLLs are not registered.
When I run it in ‘Run as administrator’ mode they are registered correctly, but then I have another problem.
When I build the package via command line: AdvancedInstaller.com /build myproduct.aip
I’m receiving the following error:
‘Exception – You do not have MergeMod COM server installed on your computer. Please read in Help how to install it.’
I’ve installed all possible SDKs, tried to register several different versions of mergemod.dll (they registered successfully), but nothing helped.
1. Do I really have to run AI in administrative mode?
2. How can I force it work in batch mode?
- Top 10 IT Certifications in the world for Software Engineers in 2022 - May 18, 2022
- Terraform Tutorial with Google Cloud – Create Single VM & Network - May 17, 2022
- Terraform Tutorial with Google Cloud – Create Single VM - May 17, 2022