I get many emails and linkedin personal message about sharing interview questions for Build & Release Engineer and Configuration Engineer.
I have asked some of my friends to share too and now here is the consolidated list of interview questions which is very much commonly asked in interview. if you like it, please share with other members and contribut it too. I will add in this article in next update. mail me at rajesh at scmgalaxy.com
Interview Questions & Answer for Build Engineer
Interview Questions & Answer for Release Engineer
Interview Questions & Answer for Configuration Engineer
Interview Questions & Answer for Build & Release Engineer
Interview Questions and Answer on configuration management?
- What do you think about configuration management?
- What do you understand about Change Management?
- branching methodologies and what currently theya re using it. Show with some example with pros and cons
- Concept of Merging and Why do we need?
Interview Questions and Answer on build Management?
- What do you think about build Management?
- What are the key benefit of build Automation and what are the key inputs to automate the build process in the project?
- Discuss about tools and technology which help to automate the entire build cycle.
- What is Continuous Build Integration and How this is useful for the project?
- What is daily build & nightly builds and what are the process need to set up to Automate & monitor consistently.
- Explain in details for writing build sciprt for any project
Interview Questions and Answer on release Management?
- What is release Management?
- Talk about Release Management on several platforms?
- What do you understand about Packaging and Deployment?
- How to Automate Remote Deployment of Builds on Development & Test Servers?
Some Generic Interview questions for Build and Release and SCM Professionals.
- What is workflow management. exmplain this in details
- What do you understand about Code Coverage? Describe repective tools & utilities.
- Describe the Integrate Packaging scripts & Test Automation scripts with build & Monitor build verification test status and tools.
- How to co-ordinate with development team to increase their productiavity.
- What do you understand about multisite project
- How SCM team perform integration and co-ordination between Dev and QA
- How do you Troubleshooting your build server. What kind of issues you get in build server or cm server?
- java Comipler issues in build server and their version
- C++ compiler issues in build server and their version
- What are basic skills required for Perforce administration including Command Line info.
- Explain the best practice for Setup process & maintain the Archive of software releases (internal & external) & license management of Third Party Libraries
- Concept of labeling, branching and merging in perforce / svn and git
- Best Practice and strategy of branching and merging in perforce
- Talk about agile and attempts to minimize risk by developing software in short iterations.
- Why agile on Iterative development model and Waterfall software development model?
- What are Bug /Issue Tatcking tools available and descibe them.
Source code control best practice?
- Use a reliable and dedicated server to house your code.
- Backup your code daily.
- Test your backup and restore processes.
- Choose a source control tool that fits your organization’s requirements.
- Perform all tool specific administrative tasks.
- Keep your code repositories as clean as possible.
- Secure access to your code.
Describe software build best practices?
- Fully automated build process
- Build repeatability
- Build reproducibility
- Build process adherence
Tools Comparison and Differences
- Difference Between CVS and SVN
- Difference Between perforce and SVN
- Difference Between perforce and Clearcasee
- Difference Between VSS and TFSC
- Difference Between perforce and MKS
- Difference Between Bea Weblogic and IBM Websphere
- Kubrnetes: Example of StorageClass - February 27, 2023
- Checklist of Disaster Recovery Plan in Kubernetes (EKS) for GitLab - February 24, 2023
- Kubernetes: Pull an Image from a Private Registry using Yaml and Helm File - February 24, 2023