In this tutorial I’m going to share top 5 best code editor for Rust Programming language for developers.
Top 5 Best Code Editor for Best Programming language
- Visual Studio Code
- Sublime Text 3
- What is Visual Studio Code?
Visual Studio Code is one of the most popular code editor made by Microsoft. Visual Studio code has lots of extra features as like debugging, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion snippets and etc. VS Code supports a wide array of programming languages from Java, C++, and Python to CSS, Go, and Dockerfile. Moreover, formatting and much more. VS Code allows you to add on and even creating new extensions including code linters, debuggers, and cloud and web development support.
History & Origin of Visual Studio Code.
Visual Studio Code was first declared on April 29, 2015, by Microsoft at the 2015 Build gathering. A review fabricate was delivered presently. On November 18, 2015, the wellspring of Visual Studio Code was delivered under the MIT License, and made accessible on GitHub
Features of Visual Studio Code
- easier to manage
- quicker to load into the IDE
- quicker to compile
- Helps improve the performance as this means the IDE does not have to process the copybooks and resolve the file dependencies.
- Helps keep the project size smaller.
- Helps make the project portable to other machines.
- Helps avoid any issues with performance.
2. What is Sublime Text3
Sublime Text editor is a sophisticated text editor which is widely used among developers. It includes wide features such as Syntax Highlight, Auto Indentation, File Type Recognition, Sidebar, Macros, Plug-in and Packages that make it easy for working with code base. sublime text is a text editor with advanced feature used by many developer for writing code cause it has beautiful plugins,intelligent IDE.
3. What is Atom?
Features of Atom?
- Customizable color schemes to make code more readable
- A wide selection of third-party plugins to catch coding errors
- Keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflows
- Automatic code indentation
- Highlighting language-specific syntax
- The ability to view your project’s file and folder structure in a tree view
Features of Geany
- Syntax highlighting.
- Code folding.
- Autocompletion of symbols/words.
- Construct completion/snippets.
- Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags.
- Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal, and others.
- Symbol lists.
Notepad++ is a free, open source code editor. Notepad++ supports more than 50 programming, scripting and markup languages and including syntax highlighting and code. In Notepad++ this is hidden in the preferences menu (Settings > Preferences > Editing and then check Enable under Multi-Editing Settings) and has to be activated to work. Notepad++ also comes with a built-in FTP plugin that allows you to connect to your server and edit files directly without leaving the editor. Notepad++ stand apart is the way that it’s now been translate into more than 80 language to access to people and all over the world. Notepad++ easy to understand and powerful enough for the most advanced developer.
Feature of notepad ++
- Finding and replacing strings of text with regular expressions.
- Searching text strings within opened tabs.
- Searching text strings in a directory.
- Guided indentation.
- Line bookmarking.
- Simultaneous editing.
In this video you can see the best free programming code editor for developers.