This statement is used to output the data to the screen or printing text on the screen. For Example:-
echo “Sushant Kumar”;
echo ‘Sushant Kumar’;
echo (“Sushant Kumar”);
echo “Sushant” , “Kumar”;
echo “Sushant” . “Kumar”;
Note- We use both (,) and (.) for concate.
echo with HTML
You can use HTML tags with echo statement and tags should be written under double quote(“Example”). For Example:-
Output: Sushant Kumar
echo with Variable
You can also use echo with a variable to print the value of the variable. For Example:-
$value1 = 10
to print the value of variable value1 we write,
then, it prints the value,
We can also display both text and variable value at once, see below
Here Variable is
$name = “Sushant”;
echo “I am ” , $name;
Output: I am Sushant
If you want to use HTML tags in Variable then, see the below example
It Display’s name in Bold,
Note:- 1. The text should be enclosed with quotes. 2. HTML tags should be enclosed with quotes.
This is very similar to the echo statement, a way of displaying text. For Example:-
Output: Sushant Kumar
Similarly, if you want to display text and variable both, then see the below example:-
Output: Hello, I am Sushant Kumar
Difference Between print and echo.
- echo has no return value while print is more like PHP function so it returns a value, which is always set to 1.
- echo can take multiple parameters while print can take only one.
- echo is marginally faster than print.
Here document in PHP
PHP here document is another way of displaying text. a here document(heredoc) is just some text inserted directly in a PHP page.
I am sushant kumar
I am A boy
Click Here For Next Part – What are Comments, Constant Variable, String Interpolation, Arithmetic and Assignment Operators in PHP?
- [SOLVED] Flutter : PlatformException(sign_in_failed, com.google.android.gms.common.api.ApiException: 10: , null, null) - December 7, 2021
- [Solved] Flutter : Error: The getter ‘subhead’ isn’t defined for the class ‘TextTheme’ from package:flutter/src/material/text_theme.dart’ – searchable_dropdown - December 6, 2021
- [SOLVED] Flutter Error: The getter ‘body1’ isn’t defined for the class ‘TextTheme’ – place_picker. - December 6, 2021