Cutting Edge Test Management for Jira. Built for every member of your team to plan, test, track and release great software.
Xray is a complete Test Management tool for Jira. It is a full-featured app that does not require any other software in order to run.
Xray supports the entire testing life cycle: test planning, test design, test execution and test reporting. We do this by using special Jira issue types, so you can use all Jira benefits that you are used to.
Our aim is to help you improve the quality of your systems through effective and efficient testing. That’s why from our first version, Xray already supports both manual and automated tests, including full support for BDD framework (e.g. Cucumber, SpecFlow, Serenity BDD) examples/tests in the native language (i.e., English).
It has following feature
Manage all your Tests as Jira issues
- Manage manual and automated tests as Jira issues, customize screens, fields and workflows.
- Specify tests in cucumber language and integrate with test automation frameworks.
- Organize tests in folders and test sets.
Plan, Execute and Integrate
- Create test plans for tracking a set of tests and planned or ad hoc test executions.
- Execute tests on different environments and consolidate results.
- Use your CI tool to report test results using the included REST API.
Reports and Requirement Coverage
- View the test coverage of requirements with interactive charts.
- Analyse status of test entities by Version, Test Plan and Execution Environment.
Enterprise Test Management
- Uses Jira-native issues, custom fields, screens & workflows
- Full Traceability between requirements, tests, defects, executions
- Use Test Plans to track progress
- Organize Tests in folders and Test Sets
- Define reusable Preconditions and associate them to Tests
- Analyze test results and requirement coverage per Test Environment
- Write BDD scenarios inside Jira
- Support for Gherkin based frameworks (Cucumber, Behave, SpecFlow)
- Integration with Test Automation Frameworks (Selenium, JUnit, NUnit …)
Advanced reporting, custom dashboards & gadgets
- Built-in REST API
- Import tests from CSV and JSON
- CI & DevOps tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab …)
|Create, view, edit, clone tests|
|Attachments on Test Steps|
|Link to Defects and Requirements|
|Imbued Generic Automated Tests|
|Native support for BDD (Cucumber, SpecFlow, Serenity BDD, Behave)|
|Preconditions for test cases|
|Reuse preconditions between test cases|
|Multiple preconditions for test cases|
|Organize tests by project, version, component and label|
|Organize tests in Test Sets|
|Create, edit, clone and schedule test executions|
|Ad hoc style (execute unplanned tests)|
|Personalize and create Test Run and step statuses|
|Track with progress bars on Test Execution/Cycles and Test Plans|
|Track requirement coverage/status directly on issues|
|Advanced Reporting||(Overall and Historic Requirement Coverage, Traceability)|
|Number of built-in reusable gadgets||5|
|Explore and evolve|
|Built-in REST API|
|Consistency (Test changing non-retroactivity on past executions)|
|Use of Jira issues benefits||Test, Precondition, Test Set, Sub-Test Execution, Test Execution, Test Plan|
|Extensive configuration, including behavior|
|Support for project separation between requirements and tests|
|CI Integrations (via REST API)|
|Importing results||Cucumber, SpecFlow, Behave, Serenity BDD, Gwen, Xray JSON, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, xUnit, Robot, RSpec, Selenium|
|Importing tests||Excel/CSV/JSON and tests from many different automated test frameworks|
|Exporting testing data to fully customized DOC/PDF/Excel with Xporter|
|UI-supported languages||English, German, Spanish, French|