- Project 1 – Create a terraform Module in which you create a Ec2-instance RHEL7.5, Install JDK and Maven into Ec2-instance and create a jar file using pom.xml.
Source Code – https://github.com/scmgalaxy/helloworld-java-maven
- Project 2 – Create a terraform Module in which using Azure you create a virutal machine of RHEL7 and install Ansible and run the run a following ansible role into it.
Source Code – https://github.com/devops-school/ansible-hello-world-role
- Project 3 – We are looking to improve the security of our network and have decided we need a bastion server to avoid logging on directly to our servers. Add a bastion server, the bastion should be the only route to SSH onto servers in the VPC.
- Project 4 – The team have decided to use the Java framework Spring Boot to build features for our website. Deploy the following sample application into the VPC, reconfigure Nginx as a reverse proxy to the Java app. Provide a Terraform output/curl command to get the hello world text that the application serves.
Source Code – https://github.com/sebwells/example-java-spring-boot-app
Sample Terraform code – https://github.com/rjbate/terraform-exercise
- Project 5 – Deploy a sample Tomcat Application on an Azure Virtual Machine Scale Set
- Create a customized Ubuntu managed image with Tomcat installed
- Store the image in a shared image gallery
- Create a Key Vault enabled for disk encryption and a Key
- Deploy a Virtual machine scale set
- Enable service endpoint for Key Vault.
- Update key vault access policy to allow scale set subnet.
- Enable disk encryption extension and associate with key
- Access Tomcat webpage
Source – https://github.com/preddy727/AzureTerraformTemplates