What is a tag?
- A reference to a registry
- A reference to a repository
- A reference to a specific image in a repository (Ans)
- A reference to a specific image in a registry
Why are image layers read only?
- So they can be compressed to reduce disk space
- So we cannot write data inside a container
- So they can be reused (Ans)
Which of the following container types doesn’t use namespace isolation?
- Windows Server Container
- Hyper-V Container (Ans)
- Linux Container
Which of the following provides the initial container file system?
- Network drive
- Host file system
- Image (Ans)
Database data should be stored in:
- Image layer
- Volume (Ans)
- Container Read/Write layer
In the past, to find software, we often used standalone web sites hosted by the creator of the software. Now, with Docker, how do we discover software?
- Package Managers
- Still use standalone web sites
- Docker Engine
- App Stores
- Docker Hub (Ans)
In the past, we usually downloaded software in some sort of package to install it, for example a zip file or MSI file. Now, with Docker, how do we download
When executing the command “docker pull microsoft/aspnet:4.6.2” what is the “microsoft” piece called?
- User (Ans)
On a computer, with either Linux or Windows installed, there’s a program that runs in a privileged mode that abstracts hardware and provides services to other
processes. What is this program?
- User space
- Kernel space (Ans)
After stopping a container, how do you run the application in it again?
- docker run
- docker start (Ans)
- docker pull
- docker restart
What’s the primary purpose of docker-compose?
- Build containers, volumes, and networks (Ans)
- Build images
- Pull and push images
- Cleanup containers.
- Build containers
What does the -d in docker run -d nginx do?
- Runs an attached container
- Runs a container that will display output from the NGINX process in our console
- Deletes the container when we stop the NGINX proces
- Runs a detached container (Ans)
Where does the file system come from for a container?
- From the machine the container is started on
- From the image used to create the container (Ans)
- From another special container called a parent container
- From a remote network share hosted through Hyper-V
Which of the following allows you to share the host file system with a process in a container?
- Network drive(s)
- Volume(s) (Ans)
How can you see the output of a process running in a detached container?
- docker output
- docker Is
- docker run -it
- docker exec -it
- docker logs (Ans)
What does docker commit do?
- Copies files into a container
- Creates a container
- Duplicates a container
- Creates a snapshot of a running container for rolling back
- Creates an image (Ans)
Which of the following is a good analogy for creating a container?
- Installing software (Ans)
- Downloading software
- Extracting a zip file
- Running software
How can processes in different containers talk to each other when using docker-compose?
- Embedded DNS for Service Discovery (Ans)
- Pass IP addresses in configuration files
- Pass IP addresses in environment variables
- Linking containers
What does an image contain?
- The user space files (Ans)
- Only an application’s files
- Both the user and kernel space files
- The kernel space files
- The operating system
Removing an image is akin to what in traditional software management?
- Deleting an installer file or zip file (Ans)
- Uninstalling an application
- Restarting an application
- Stopping an application